My toy stock toolkit application is “feature complete” for now. I’m very happy with both the quality of the tooling and the ease of using it. Svelte combines well with Tailwind and lets me get things done on the front end more easily than I imagined. This post summarizes what I made along with what I’ve learned.
Part of the appeal of Smelte was Tailwind CSS integration. After going back and trying Smelte some more, I concluded that it’d be easier to use Tailwind directly, at the cost of giving up some very convenient widtgetry. The Smelte widgets aren’t comprehensive enough to use them all alone, and their customization of Tailwind makes it too hard to integrate things that rely on the vanilla utility classes. So here’s how I’m integrating.
I took a detour to try out the Smelte/Tailwind CSS UI gadgetry. I found lots to like about it, but it’s not the right thing for me right now.
“Stock Toolkit 3:” the front-end. Wherein I put together a relatively low-rent front-end for the API I just built using svelte and Tailwind CSS, still served up through uvicorn.
I’m working on a small application to monitor and inspect stocks to learn some new-to-me development tools. Here are some details about that.
As I’ve been trying to update the tools I lean on for quick web things, I am really enjoying using FastAPI with Svelte. These are notes about the development setup that I currently like. Fair warning: this is not battle hardened yet. I’ve used it to make a couple of toys and like how it’s shaping up, though.