My toy stock toolkit application is “feature complete” for now. I’m very happy with both the quality of the tooling and the ease of using it. Svelte combines well with Tailwind and lets me get things done on the front end more easily than I imagined. This post summarizes what I made along with what I’ve learned.
Part of the appeal of Smelte was Tailwind CSS integration. After going back and trying Smelte some more, I concluded that it’d be easier to use Tailwind directly, at the cost of giving up some very convenient widtgetry. The Smelte widgets aren’t comprehensive enough to use them all alone, and their customization of Tailwind makes it too hard to integrate things that rely on the vanilla utility classes. So here’s how I’m integrating.